Burly Men at Sea
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Android
A folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure.
Set in the waters of early 20th-century Scandinavia, the game's story branches through a series of encounters with creatures from folklore. You play as storyteller and wayfinder, shaping the narrative around three ungainly heroes as they set sail for the unknown.
SXSW Gamer's Voice Award nominee (2016), finalist for Best Adventure Game/RPG (Intel Level Up 2016), and selected for festivals and showcases internationally.
- Branching Story: Play through multiple adventures, each designed to be completed in a single sitting.
- Interactive World: Shape the narrative through interaction with characters and the world around them, set inside a draggable, interactive vignette.
- Playful Aesthetic: Colorful art style with handcrafted animation, set to a whimsical original soundtrack inspired by the game's Scandinavian setting.
"Delightful." —The Guardian
"I now feel like an impatient kid at bedtime, wanting the next chapter instead of going to sleep." —Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"As charming as it is beautiful." —IGN
- Games and Playful Media Exhibition Selection (A MAZE. / Johannesburg 2016)
- Indie MEGABOOTH Selection (PAX West 2016, PAX East 2016, PAX Prime 2015)
- Best Adventure Game/RPG Finalist (Intel Level Up 2016)
- Game Happens! Showcase Selection" (Game Happens! 2016)
- Leftfield Collection Selection (EGX Rezzed 2016)
- Gamer's Voice Single Player Award Nominee (SXSW 2016)
- Made with Unity Showcase Selection (GDC 2016)
- The MIX Showcase Selection (GDC 2016, SIGGRAPH 2015)
- Day of the Devs Selection (2015)
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Burly Men at Sea is the second game from husband-and-wife team Brain&Brain, developed during their own adventures as nomads and erstwhile farmhands.
|Published||252 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Release date||109 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Colorful, Experimental, Exploration, folklore, Interactive Fiction, Music, sailor, scandinavian, Visual Novel|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About an hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: