A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Android
A folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure.
Set in the waters of early 20th-century Scandinavia, the game's story branches through a series of encounters with creatures from folklore. You play as storyteller and wayfinder, shaping the narrative around three ungainly heroes as they set sail for the unknown.
- Branching Story: Play through multiple choice-driven adventures, each designed to be completed in a single sitting.
- Innovative Controls: Shape the narrative through a unique, draggable viewport and your interactions within it.
- Playful Aesthetic: Colorful art style with handcrafted animation, set to a whimsical original soundtrack inspired by the game's Scandinavian setting.
"…Artful interplay of visual minimalism, waggish writing and hilarious but also haunting sound effects generated by gorgeous a cappella voices. 5/5" —TIME
"It's a tiny-but-then-not-tiny, lovely thing with so much character and a wonderful sense of adventure." —Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"…The closest thing I've played to an interactive fairy-tale." —The Telegraph
- IndieCade Showcase Selection (E3 2017)
- Excellence in Narrative Honorable Mention (IGF 2017)
- Best 2D Visuals Nominee (Unity Awards 2016)
- Games and Playful Media Exhibition Selection (A MAZE. / Johannesburg 2016)
- Indie MEGABOOTH Selection (PAX West 2016, PAX East 2016, PAX Prime 2015)
- Best Adventure Game/RPG Finalist (Intel Level Up 2016)
- Game Happens! Showcase Selection" (Game Happens! 2016)
- Leftfield Collection Selection (EGX Rezzed 2016)
- Gamer's Voice Single Player Award Nominee (SXSW 2016)
- Day of the Devs Selection (2015)
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Burly Men at Sea is the second game from husband-and-wife team Brain&Brain, developed during their own adventures as nomads and erstwhile farmhands.
|Published||1 year ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Colorful, Experimental, Exploration, folklore, Interactive Fiction, sailor, scandinavian, Visual Novel|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Homepage|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: