A downloadable game demo for Windows and macOS
NOTE: Wooden Nickel's development is currently on hold, but we've decided to make the demo free to download. Enjoy!
A frontier adventure set in the great, remorseless Old West.
As a stranger drifting through, you step inside the curiosities of the local newspaper to explore a tiny, hard luck town and the lands around it. Meet the locals, wander the desert, and make choices that shape each morning's paper in a growing spread of possibilities.
- Embrace curiosity. Step inside the articles and advertisements of a colorful Old West newspaper that responds to your part in its story.
- Make connections. Uncover an increasingly interconnected set of mysteries, absurdities, and unexpected friendships—or hostilities.
- Come back soon. Your train south arrives in one week, leaving you to wonder what untrod paths lie still behind in this land of dust and ambition.
- The Game Festival Selection (The Game Awards 2019)
- Day of the Devs Showcase Selection (2019)
- Indie MEGABOOTH Selection (2019)
- Kinda Funny Games Showcase Selection (2019)
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Music: Plied Sound
QA Testing: Robert Megone
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Wooden Nickel on hold, demo available18 days ago